The living room is one of the most representative interiors of the house, which is why you should make sure that it is both stylish and functional. Tiles are a fool proof solution to achieve both these things. But how can you choose the best tiles?
Living Room Tiles – What Makes Them a Good Choice?
It is no accident that tiles are gaining popularity. Modern solutions offered nowadays by ceramic tile manufacturers combine stunning design with outstanding functionality.
- With tiles, you can create a uniform, stylistically consistent floor in the living area of a flat or a house – they harmonise with any interior: the hallway, the kitchen and the living room.
- They are available in a wide range of designs – including those that imitate other popular but less durable materials such as wood.
- They are very tough and retain their original appearance for years to come.
- They are also highly resistant to mechanical damage, which is particularly important in the living room due to the intensity of foot traffic.
- They are compatible with floor heating systems and retain warmth for a long time.
- They are easy to clean and have a low absorption rate.
So, if you are considering a renovation or are in the process of finishing a flat or house, this is the kind of flooring you should invest in.
Key Parameters of Living Room Tiles
You already know why tiles are a good choice also for living rooms. But finding your way through the plethora of patterns, colours, formats and finishings might seem challenging. Here are some things to bear in mind:
- design – keep an eye on modern, unique finishes such as wood effect tiles (for classic interiors in Italian, Provencal or Scandinavian styles) or concrete effect tiles (for loft-style and modern designs);
- format – for a most stunning design, choose larger tiles such as 60 x 60 cm, 20 x 120 cm, 60 x 120 cm, or even 120 x 120 cm;
- abrasion resistance class – a higher abrasion resistance class is better due to the high intensity of foot traffic in the living room;
- finishing type – decide if you prefer floor tiles with a completely matte finish, or a matte/shiny texture called lappato with a semi-gloss appearance;
- non-slip surface – this is important for the safety in the living room.
What Ceramic Living Room Tiles are Available?
Cerrad’s collection includes a wide range of stylish tiles with a designer feel which will be perfect for a fashionable living room. Some of the collections are:
- Catalea Nugat – classy wood-effect tiles in a dark brown shade that perfectly match classic interiors;
- Mattina Bianco – another wood-effect tile design, but with a more rustic and Scandinavian feel to it; brightens up the space and visually enlarges it;
- Tacoma White – tiles inspired by the beauty of natural stone and the texture of concrete in a cool, light grey shade – a great choice for modern living rooms;
- Batista Steel – especially in lappato finishing – concrete effect tiles with a unique finish; they are designed to be used both on the floor and on the wall.
For more inspiration, check our Catalogue.