Decorating your kitchen? If so, you are probably wondering not only about kitchen cabinets and furniture, but also walls and floors. Aesthetics and technical specifications are two things that matter. This is primarily because kitchens are inherently exposed to both moisture and stains. You can’t’ afford to make compromises. This is why porcelain or clinker tiles are the best things to choose.
Kitchen in concrete, wood and brick
Concrete, wood, brick – these textures have been especially popular in recent years. No wonder – each of these brings a completely different ambience to the kitchen. How to make your decision? It all depends on your interests.
- Concrete gives your kitchen a loft-like, industrial feeling that borders on homey cosiness and a bare-bones factory floor feel. It looks great in combination with whites and cold shades or wood and contrasting furniture colours.
- Wood is the perfect choice in Scandinavian or eco-friendly interiors and in rustic kitchens. It works well in combination with white, blue and beige furniture and accessories, but also with darker tones as well.
- Brick is a great addition in loft-style, traditional and eclectic interior designs. Combine it with unadorned dark wood furniture or with designer glamour-style furniture in lighter colours.
Remember: there is no need to spend money on wooden floorings or actual brick walls if you want these styles on your walls or floors. Modern clinker or porcelain tiles with such patterns are the perfect choice to achieve this effect. The Cerrad range includes a wide selection of such styles.
What factors do you need to take into account when choosing kitchen tiles?
There is no doubt that tiles are the best way to cover both kitchen walls and floors – they are durable, easy to clean and can be tailored to your stylistic preferences. Now it’s time to choose a specific style. But design is not the only thing to be considered when making your choice. There are several key specifications for kitchen tiles, such as:
- non-slip properties – this property is particularly important in the case of kitchen floors, which are often wet and covered with wet patches;
- hardness – is also particularly important in the case of floors, because it determines the resistance of tiles to mechanical damage;
- abrasion resistance – choose tiles with a high abrasion resistance class to keep the aesthetic and functional value of your interior regardless of extensive use;
- low absorbability – no more than 3%,
- stain resistance – the higher the resistance, the easier to clean your surfaces are.
What about size? It all depends on your preferences. For example, you may have smaller tiles that resemble white painted bricks on your walls and longer tiles on the floor, as large as actual wooden floorboards – 20 x 120 cm. You can also opt for more standard sizes, such as 60 x 60 cm, 80 x 80 cm, 60 x 120 cm, or even 120 x 120 cm, in porcelain tiles that imitate concrete.
The Cerrad range includes various tiles that will be the perfect choice for both the walls and floors of modern kitchens. If you want to follow the latest trends, keep an eye on the models that imitate the most fashionable textures. Some of the tile collections are:
- Batista Dust Lappato – minimalist porcelain tiles with a concrete and natural stone pattern;
- Foggia Bianco – imitating white brick, perfect for walls in rustic and loft-style kitchens;
- Fuerta Honey – stylish imitation floorboard porcelain tiles,
- Lukka Bianco Lappato – large-format porcelain tiles perfect for floors, inspired by concrete designs;
- Tassero Beige Lappato – structured surface porcelain tiles with a concrete aesthetic.
Browse the entire Cerrad range and pick your own kitchen interior style.